Pages

Friday, July 29, 2011

Chicken Nugget Parm

One day I looked at the clock and realized it was 5 pm and I had not thought of dinner yet.  I could change diapers on the babies, pack a diaper bag and load 3 kids into my car and go grab something quick or I can look around my kitchen.  Really looking around my kitchen would be faster and a lot less stressful so I looked.

Freezer looked like payday was about 4 days away and there are only 7 chicken nuggets left.  Fridge had a few remnants of things and only 3 string cheeses left.  What to do?   Time to look in the pantry and this is where our recipe begins:

7 chicken nuggets
3 string cheeses
1 pound of pasta
1 jar of favorite spaghetti sauce
sprinkle with parmesan at the end.

I got my water boiling for my pasta and pulled out another pan.  I lightly toasted the chicken nuggets.  While those are cooking I cut the string cheeses into small rounds.  Then cut each nugget into 4-6 pieces.   Drained my pasta, placed it back in my warm pan (which helps to evaporate left over water drips). Open jar of spaghetti sauce and dump over pasta, add in string cheese pieces and chicken nugget pieces.  Place on plates or in bowls and sprinkle with Parmesan cheese.

Quick, easy and a crowd pleaser.

No comments: