Pages

Friday, July 29, 2011

Food

While talking to my Husband the other day I had to come up with dinner. In a few minutes I decided on meatless spaghetti.  He told me he would have figured there was nothing to cook at the last minute.

This got me thinking.  As a Navy wife I am often home alone with our three young children.  Because they are young they do not always enjoy food that I like.  And making a big meal often turns into making enough to feed us for longer then we want to eat it.  I had to learn how to use what I have creatively and resourcefully.  Three children also means I do not want to be at the store more then need be.

From this have come my quick go to recipes like:
Chicken Nugget Parm
Pilaf and Veggie Toss
Hot Dog Bar
Baked Potato Bar
Mexi Pizzas (great left over dish)

I am going to work on posting the recipes to these over this weekend.  I hope the next time you are low on energy and need to make dinner these will inspire you to look no further then your own kitchen.

2 comments:

Melinda said...

I remember when you invented Chicken Nugget Parm. So impressive! :) I love the ideas and can relate to the cooking dilemma.

Unknown said...

Thanks MarthaStuart. I am going to go out on a limb and try to post some of those things that I do not usually think much about.