Pages

Sunday, June 6, 2010

Decisions, decisions.

It is that time in our career again. Yes, I say our career because my job is to follow my husband from one base to the next raising our babies. This is why I see it is our career. Back on subject though it is time to get new orders. Time to pack up and leave for the next adventure.








We mostly have a positive outlook on this and look forward to all the new things we will get to do and learn. All the new wonderful people we will meet and consider to be life long friends. This also comes with adash of fear and many hours of research.







In our home we wait anxiously every month for the new base choices to come out. Then my husband tells me what the choices are and I start to work. I have a system by now. I look up the BAH for all the possibilities and make a list. Then I check Craigslist for each area and see what looks like the average price of rent is. Can we find a house for a few hundred less then our BAH or will need to live in housing? Is housing an option (sometimes the wait list is so long we will be gone first)?







Then we talk over the options and my husband contacts the detailer. Next we wait to find out if we are going to get those orders or wait anxiously for the next month so we can start again.

No comments: