Pages

Sunday, June 6, 2010

Wii for PE: Fit/Fit+ vs. Active

We have been fortunate enough to invest into a Wii. I would not ordinarily say that a video game is an investment but I would have to say that this one is. This game actually involves keeping you moving. In my book that is great and it tells you to go take a break outside, even better. But onto what I am writing about.




The Active and Fit products for the Wii are both great. I am not advertising for either product I am simply putting out my own thoughts and ideas. So here they are.





Active Review:



This game is a great cardio and light strength training game. It involves an extended circuit training of multiple excersizes. You can set this up for as young as age 5 and do not need to have a balance board for it however, it is compatible. You earn trophies for burning calories, playing each game, playing a certain number of days, reaching the goals you set and so on. It can tell which excersizes you are good at or stong in and help you build up in your weaker areas. Cons: In my opinion this game is really best for 10 and up crowd at least. For most chiildren the leg band is much too long for their legs and will not hold in place. This makes it dificult to fully use the program if you are younger. However my children still said it was a lot of fun.





Fit/Fit+ Review:





This game is a great family game and excellent to get kids active. The game provides lots of oppurtunity for friendly competition and believe me, my family works to get that coveted spot of #1. The kids can easily keep up with the game and since there are no leg bands required this allows for easy play time. The + also allows you to set up for multiple players which means less time trying to change Mii charaters so that everyone can play. Cons: I did not like that the + has all the games unlocked. In the original Fit you had to work to unlock new games and work outs. I also find that as adult trying to get a consistent work out and tone my muscles this game does not have a high intensity level. However I still enjoy playing the games with my family.





Overall, either product is a great purchase. I have found that it is nice to have something that will burn off some of my children’s energy when we are stuck indoors due to rain or snow. Only you can decide if this is something will help with your families goals.



Report This Post







Comments are closed.

Why do we home school?

Why do we home school? That is a question that I have asked myself and have been asked by others. In the beginning it was about wanting something better. I wanted an education for my children that could not be interupted or changed because of our relocating for the military.

I used to think I could [...]

Why do we home school?Previous EntryI get it now…

Wow, we are well into our second year of homeschooling. I can say that I have learned a lot. First I have learned that I can homeschool my children. There is no magic button that made other people more able to do it. They just chose to do it and so it was done. I [...]

No comments: